“Association Constitution” – Translation of the Statutes described in Official Certificate No. 815/2015 delivered by the National Register of Legal Persons
NAME, REGISTERED OFFICE AND DURATION
1. The non-profit association is called PRAIA – PORTUGUESE ASSOCIATION DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY, and has its registered office at Rua José Maria Rodrigues, number 4, 2nd left, Lisbon, Alcantâra, municipality of Lisbon and is constituted indefinitely.
2. The association has the number of legal entity 513 692 010 and the identification number of the social security 25136920102.
The association aims Praia to recognize, value, provide sustainability and promote good practices in Dance and Movement in clinical, educational and social contexts.
To develop the network and communication between professionals, students and researchers of Dance and Movement Therapy and Education in Portugal, gathering, disseminating and supporting training and professional projects that combine Dance, Movement and Psychology, in the therapeutic, social , performative, research and educational fields;
To promote discussion, clarification and definition of standards for professional training and code of ethics;
To experiment, research and communicate results of DMT projects;
To create an interface with other disciplines, devices and methodologies. Including medicine, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, arts, psychoanalysis, other psychosomatic therapies and practices, neurosciences, etc;
To create a regular schedule of Dance and Movement Therapy and Education in Portugal;
To promote the association values in the culture and in the community to which it belongs;
To communicate and to collaborate with other entities (individual or collective; national or international) that share similar values and goals;
To join, to participate and collaborate as a member in the activities of the European Association Dance Movement Therapy (EADMT)
CONSTITUTE ASSOCIATION OF REVENUE, INCLUDING
1. The initial subscription paid by partners
2. The product of the fees assessed by the General Assembly
3. Incomes from the own assets of the association and incomes from social activities
4. Donations accepted by the association
5. Subsidies granted to it
1. The branches of the association are: General Assembly, Board and Supervisory Board
2. The mandate of the corporate branches is 3 years.
1. The General Assembly is constituted by all members in good standing of their rights
2. The competence of the General Assembly and the way it operates is set out in the Civil Code, including Article 170º and Articles 172º to 179º
3. The board of the General Assembly consists of three members, a president and two secretaries; they will drive the assembly meetings and draw up the respective minutes.
1. The Board, elected in GA, is composed of 3 members.
2. The Board is the responsible for social, administrative and financial management of the association, represents the association in and out of court.
3. The way of functioning of the Board is established in Article 171º of the Civil Code.
4. The association agrees with the intervention of two signatures.
1. The Supervisory Board elected at the General Assembly, consists of 3 members.
2. The Supervisory Board is responsible for supervising the administrative and financial acts of the Board, monitoring their accounts and reports, and advising on acts involving increased expenditure or lower income.
ADMISSION AND EXCLUSION
The conditions of admission and exclusion of members, their categories, rights and obligations, shall be included in regulations to be approved by the General Assembly.
EXTINCTION. DESTINATION OF GOODS
Upon termination of the association, the destination of the goods that integrate the company’s assets, which are not affected for a particular purpose and that have not been donated or left with some charge, shall be subject to approval by the associates.
Association with approved name on Time through certificate No. 2015152625
Lisbon and the National Register of Collective people, to September 16, 2015
RULES OF PROCEDURES
Praia – Portuguese Association of Dance Movement Therapy is a network of professionals, students and researchers of Dance and Movement Therapy and Education in Portugal. Praia brings together projects – training and professional – that combine dance, Movement and Psychology, in its therapeutic, social, performative, research and teaching fields.
It is a non-profit organization that has as its primary objective to benefit the community.
1. Praia – Portuguese Association Dance Movement Therapy aims to recognize, value, provide sustainability and promote good practices in Dance and Movement in clinical, educational and social contexts.
2. Praia – Portuguese Association Dance Movement Therapy is governed by the Portuguese Legislation, its Statutes and Rules of Procedure.
VALUES and OBJECTIVES
1.1. Body, Mind, Emotions, Consciousness, Self and the Other, Art and Science, Individual and Culture, Illness and Health … refer to a vital and relational dynamic unit;
1.2. There is a greater benefit in the quality of life of individuals and communities when this unit is valued and seen as essential and creative;
1.3. The ideas, proposals and actions of the Association are part of a culture that values the present time, openness to experience and dialogue, to the unknown and to knowledge.
2.1. To develop the network and the communication between professionals, students and researchers of Dance and Movement Therapy (DMT) and Education in Portugal, gathering, disseminating and supporting projects and courses – training and professional – that combine Dance, Movement and Psychology, in its therapeutic, social, performative, research and education aspects.
2.2. To promote discussion, clarification and definition of standards for professional training and code of ethics in DMT.
2.3. Experimentation, research and communication of results of DMT projects.
2.4. To create an interface with other disciplines, devices and methodologies. Including medicine, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, arts, psychoanalysis, other current and psychosomatic therapies and practices, neurosciences, etc.
2.5. To create a regular schedule of Dance and Movement Therapy and Education in Portugal.
2.6. To promote the association values in the culture and in the community to which it belongs.
2.7. To communicate and to collaborate with entities (individual or collective; national or international) that share similar values and goals.
2.8. To join, to participate and collaborate as a member in the activities of the European Association Dance Movement Therapy (EADMT).
THE BRANCHES OF THE ASSOCIATION
1. The association is formed by the Board, General Assembly and Supervisory Board. The general scope of these branches are described in the Statutes and in the Portuguese Civil Code. Other more specific skills are described below in this regulation.
1. The notice convening the General Assembly (GA) is made by email, at least 15 days before an Ordinary GA and 8 days before an Extraordinary GA.
2. A GA is called together by the Board at least 1 time per year. The rules and procedures of the GA are always the same, according to Portuguese law .
3. The GA may not deliberate on first call without the presence of at least one third of its members. If there is no quorum, the GA can be called together a second time, in which case it will be constituted valid whatever the number of present or represented Members having the right to vote, according to Portuguese law.
4. The GA is the only branch empowered to decide on:
4.1. The election and constitution of the association branches;
4.2. The approval of activity plan;
4.3. The approval of the financial report;
4.4. The change of the statutes and rules of procedure;
4.5. The value of the fees;
4.6. The extinction of the association;
4.7. Any other matters that are not a competence of the Board.
5. Decisions are taken by a majority of members present or legally represented.
6. Decisions on the extinction of the association and the statutes changes require the affirmative vote of three fourths of the number of all members with the right to vote.
7. Arrangements for voting: each professional and associate members are entitled to one vote. Each member can only represent another member who is absent.
ADMISSION AND EXCLUSION OF MEMBERS
1. Any professional or student able to achieve the association purposes and conditions may ask the Board to be associated, according to the categories below.
2. All members who intentionally harm or contribute to the association’s discredit or don´t comply with the Statutes and Rules of Procedure or don´t pay their fee during three years or do request their resignation in writing lose their quality as members, leaving this decision to the Director by a majority of its members present or represented.
3. All members may use the right of exclusion, writing an appeal to the GA.
Professional Full Member: a member with Higher or Advanced training in Dance Movement Therapy. This member has at least 10 (ten) years of professional experience – in the institutional, public or private sector – in (at least one of the fields) Therapy (with proven supervision), Education and Community.
Professional Basic Member: a member with Higher or Advanced training in Dance Movement Therapy. This member has at least 1 (one) year of professional experience – in the institutional, public or private sector – in (at least one of the fields) Therapy – with proven supervision, Education and Community.
Associate Member: a member with Higher and Advanced training in Dance Movement Therapy or a member with High or Advanced training in Healthcare or Dance and with at least 10 (ten) years of professional experience – in the institutional, public or private sector – in (at least one of the fields) Therapy (with proven supervision), Education and Community.
Associate Member in Training: a member associate who is following an advanced training in Dance Movement Therapy.
Honorary Members: a member who receives and accepts this distinction by decision of the GA.
Friend of the Association: a person or institution that has affinity with the corporate purpose and core values of the association.
RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF MEMBERS
1. The rights of the members:
1.1. To propose topics for discussion and / or activities
1.2. To support, cooperate and participate in the Association activities
1.2. To attend the Association meetings and GAs
1.3. To elect the governing bodies
1.4. To punctually pay the fees
1.5. To be informed, through the association’s website, about national and international relevant events
1.6. To access to all activities promoted by the association with a 20% discount on payment of registration
1.7. To access the scientific journal “Body, Movement and Dance in Psychotherapy – An International Journal for Theory, Research and Practice” and / or other publications of interest for members
2. The duties of the members:
2.1. To comply with the statutes, regulations and resolutions approved by the competent branches of the association and collaborate actively in achieving its objectives,
2.2. To punctually pay dues and other fees determined by the competent branches.
2.3. To participate in the Gas.
2.4. To exercise care and diligence the duties for which they were elected or appointed, unless justified excuse and accepted under the statutes
2.5. To communicate in writing to the Board address changes, or any other relating to its associated status.
2.6. To accept with respect and civility the deliberations of the association´s branches.
2.7. To refrain from taking, individually or collectively, offensive behaviour and contrary to the principles and statutory objectives of the association.
3. Only members associated for more than one year can incorporate the association’s branches (GA, Board and Supervisory Board).
1. The Board represents the association. The legitimacy of any activity of the association decided by the Board.
2. The association is represented in the EADMT by the Delegate or the Deputy Delegate elected by the Board in accordance with the statutes and regulations of both associations – Praia and the European Association.
1. The Board is formed by, at least, two Full Professional Members.
2. The Board has the authority to take decisions on behalf of the association, except those reserved to the GA.
1. Fees are annual and charged during the first trimester of each year.
2. Fees are:
2.1. Full and Basic Professional Members: 40 euros
2.2. Associate Members: 30 euros.
2.3. Associate Member in Training and Friend of the Association: an optional amount up to 20 euros.
2.4. The values are updated at the GA.
PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
1. The association can support projects of the associates once validated by Board.
2. The project is submitted in writing according to the form provided by Board.
3. The approval and support of the Association requires that the Associate develops the activity in accordance with the submitted proposal and also the submition of a final report of the activity and its results. These condition are valid for all cases except in extraordinary circumstances.